Towards a healthier community
26 Apr 2019 | The Star

Gamuda Land recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Evolution Wellness Holdings Pte Ltd to give the buyers of its twentyfive.7 township (Phase 2) access to a host of health clubs.

The MoU was signed by Gamuda Land project director Aw Sei Cheh and Evolution Wellness area business manager Chris Lee, witnessed by twentyfive.7 general manager Chu Wai Lune and Evolution Wellness finance director Audrey Lee Pik Yoo.

Buyers of the developer’s soon-to-be-launched designer link villas – Luxura in its Kota Kemuning township twentyfive.7 – will receive two gym memberships for every purchased unit upon signing the sale and purchase agreement (SPA).

The gym membership is transferable to any nominee of choice before activation and will last for 24 months after it is activated.

With the membership, they can enjoy access to any of Evolution Wellness’ 48 gym outlets – including Celebrity Fitness, CHi Fitness and Fitness First – in the Klang Valley, Penang and Johor.

Set to be launched next month, strata-titled Luxura will offer 315 units comprising two- and three-storey link villas featuring five house types with built-ups ranging from 2,605sq ft to 3,466sq ft. “We originally planned to launch Luxura in FY2021, but because of demand and the good take-up in our first phase, we decided to bring it forward. In light of this, the MoU is timely.

Chu (left) and Aw looking at a model of Twentyfive.7

“Instead of providing a brick-and-mortar clubhouse for the wellness of our community, such an arrangement allows them to access health and fitness facilities that are near them, nationwide, at their convenience,” said Aw.

The first phase, Lucent Residences, is slated for completion in mid-2020 and comprises 181 superlink and 98 semi-detached houses. About 80% has already been sold, with the superlink houses seeing full take-up and the remaining 20% in semi-detached houses.

The partnership is the latest in a series of placemaking initiatives at twentyfive.7 to bring added value and convenience to the community, following the opening of events locale The and football venue The Field as new gathering places in the township.

Aw said placemaking was the developer’s effort to activate public spaces in its townships, through a series of community-building activities such as the Quayside Fiesta, which it will continue to focus on.

He added, “To us, a town is a community, where a thriving and vibrant community is only achievable by encouraging an active lifestyle. This applies to all our townships and twentyfive.7 is no exception.

“The aim is to create a common ground for people to get to know one another, live and play together and ultimately form a tight-knit community that will look out for one another.”

Chris said the company was poised for rapid growth, with the strategic partnership pilot with Luxura set to ramp up the reputation and sales for both parties and at the same time, growing the fitness level of the twentyfive.7 community.

“When the proposal was first presented to us, we saw the resemblance of Gamuda Land’s community-driven values with ours and we were immediately attracted to join hands with them,” he added.

Gamuda Land, the property arm of Gamuda Bhd, has over two decades of experience in developing townships, high-rise developments, country clubs and commercial centres. Some of its award-winning projects include Horizon Hills, Kota Kemuning, Bandar Botanic, Jade Hills and Valencia.