Quality, Safety And Health And Environment (QSHE)
At Gamuda, the subject of safety is of top priority. The Group’s Health and Safety division together with the project team continuously develop strategies and initiatives to establish, track, monitor, analyse and report on the Group’s health and safety performance. It encompasses the following:
- Strong commitment from the top management.
- Empowering the middle management to undertake and uphold safety and health responsibility and ownership.
- Nurture all employees to participate in safety and health activities.
- Drive behavioural change, enhance awareness, knowledge and skills via training programmes.
- Adopt a holistic risk management approach at all levels.
Among the Group-wide initiatives we have taken to promote safe and healthy work practices and enhance Gamudians' mental well-being include:
- Gamuda Health Day - health screening, blood donation, organ donation pledge, health talk on stress management and stress relief exercises.
- Gamuda Wellness Month - a newly launched programme comprising safety and health related activities.
- Continuous training and campaigns at headquarters and project sites to promote behavioural-based practices in safety, 5S, work at height, lifting operations, scaffolding, electrical safety and risk assessment.
- SHE Reward Programme - an existing programme further enhanced with the inclusion of 5S elements in the workplace inspection criteria to ensure SHE compliance.
- QSHE e-Library and QSHE Messenger - knowledge sharing channels via online and physical copies to share best practices.
- Safety taskforce at project sites to closely monitor and report on safety and health violations.
- Project team to interact with neighbourhood communities and organise safety talks, gotong-royong and other outreach initiatives.
Safety Health Environment (SHE) Performance Scheme
For the engineering and construction division, we consistently employ the SHE Performance Scheme, to evaluate the Work Package Contractors’ (WPCs) standards in the delivery of the nation’s largest public infrastructure project – the KVMRT. Conceptualized by the project owner, MRT Corporation Sdn Bhd (MRT Corp), and MMC-Gamuda as the PDP, the assessment is extensive yet simple to understand, comprehensive and fair.
Construction Quality Assessment System (CONQUAS)
Our property division, Gamuda Land, is guided by its development philosophy called the “Four Pillars of Quality”, namely: Quality Design, Community and Amenities, Healthy Lifestyle, and Safety and Security. Staying true to its core values, Gamuda Land adheres to world-class quality standards as provided by the internationally recognised assessment system CONQUAS. Concerted efforts to constantly improve the quality of our products have led us to achieve the highest CONQUAS score in Southeast Asia for landed properties, the distinction being bestowed on Bandar Botanic in 2012.